As you may or may not know, my life has been a mess for awhile. So I’m currently in the process of finding my daily routine. I’m working on creating new habits so that they will eventually stick to becoming my new routine. Simple things, like putting the dishes away and making sure my home is clean before going to bed, are some things that I want to ensure stick to my day to day life. At the moment, I just clean the dishes whenever I feel like it, and I never make sure that my house is clean before going to bed. Even when I get up in the morning, I don’t always wash my face as I should. I just brush my teeth, and splash water on my face just to wake myself up. I admittedly need to take better care of my face and establish a proper skin care routine as well.
The laziness that formed from my depression has kept me from progressing in life. I have all of this potential but no plan to apply all of my skills. I’m tired of being stuck in one spot. I want to get out of this rut that I’m in and finally get my shit together to live a life that I truly deserve.
The following are a few ways I’m organizing my life:
- Keep a journal – I’m keeping a journal to gather all of my thoughts and put them to paper. I find this to be very therapeutic. When you have the abundance of thoughts passing through your brain like I do, keeping a journal is very handy to let go of it all.
- Schedule tasks for the day – Earlier this year, I decided to keep a bullet journal in order to become a more productive individual. So many people have said that it’s an amazing way to complete all the tasks you need to do for the day. So, I ordered and kept a bullet journal for about a month. It didn’t work out. I was too concerned about making my journal pretty as opposed to completing the tasks in the journal. So I ditched the bullet journal and looked for other ways to keep track of my days. Then I decided to give Google Calendar a try. I think google calendar is a lot more convenient for someone like me. I don’t have to set up pages and I sure as hell don’t have to be concerned about making anything look pretty. All I have to focus on is getting all of my shit done. Along with Google Calendar, I also use an app called Wunderlist. I LOVE Wunderlist! it’s an amazing to do app. Just list a whole bunch of things you need to do, and check off all of the things that you have done. Simple as pie 🙂
- Eat well/Exercise – In an effort to lose weight, I am currently recording everything that I eat. I use MyFitnessPal to make sure I don’t go over my calorie intake for the day (I will write more about my weight loss progress in future posts). I also watch workout videos on youtube for workouts, and go for walks (sometimes around my kitchen island multiple times, don’t judge :P).
- Watch less TV – I’m guilty of watching way too many tv shows. As much as I love binge watching my favourite shows, I have been doing this too much compared to the average person. I have decided to only watch TV when I have done all of the tasks that I need to do.
- Meditate/Listen to Music – Taking time out of your day to clear out all of your thoughts is always beneficial to your mental health. I’m trying my best to take care of my mental health without drugs, and this by far helps me out the most. Taking the time to sit quietly by yourself and focus on one thing is beautiful. Also getting lost in listening to music and being aware that you are listening to music (and I mean really pay attention to all of the notes in each song is incredibly therapeutic).
I want to eventually be the person I was meant to be. I hope to be a happier and healthier me sometime next year. I know it won’t happen overnight, but all of my effort should pay off.